Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 10 November 2010

WEEK 3- Layouts

After my research I did mock up templates of how most magazines are layed out using Indesign to create them and power point to save them as pictures. I looked at which ones are effective, why they are effective and then chose which ones I would like to use for my newspaper. I chose the third template because  I felt it had everything that would draw audiences to it, such as teasers etc. Even better because I did these layouts in in design i gained more practice.



This is the layout I will be using for my newspaper, I chose this layout because it has many parts to it which will draw the readers attention to it immediately. The nameplate like every other newspaper is placed at the top of the newspaper, this is because it is the first part that the reader would see as it is at the top. Next the dateline along with the sales information and website is placed underneath. The headline is also placed quite high because that is also what is selling the newspaper.The teaser which gives the audience a taster is placed at the left hand side of the paper. Although throughout my research I noticed the teaser on most croydon newspapers is placed at the top hand side of the newspaper, immediately after the nameplate. I decided not to do this because I felt it did not correspond well with the layout that I wanted and also I wanted more focus on my major headline and nameplate.

















This is a montage of local newspapers that i have researched about. As you can see the main newspaper incorporated into this moodboared is “Croydon Guardian”. This was due to the fact that, I would like to follow the conventions of this local newspaper because it’s based in the same area as my newspaper and both have the same target audience. I felt researching Croydon Guardian the most would influence the things I have inside my newspaper, it will not only give me a better understanding of the things i should have in it  but how to make it appealing to my  audience. I also incorporated pictures of my Target audience in my moodboared. I will be able to refer back to this moodboared when making my own newspaper as I can look at the way colour is used on newspapers, the layouts and also how the editor manages to create a hierarchy between different components of the newspaper.


No comments:

Post a Comment