Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 April 2011

Ancilary Project

Considering the problem I faced from last week's recording, I took my self and my actors to a studio where we used a microphone which was on a stand to make it easier for us to record so we can just focus on the script and to prevent any movement of the microphone to hinder any noise coming through. We used the headphones tohelp us lisrten to our recording again We use a software called protools to record.  We went through the script the same way  we did last week. We also used a mixer to help us listen to all the tracks/sounds at the same time via the headphones.

1) After recording my radio advert in the studio, I put all the tracks unto a usb and then using Adobe audition, I imported all my tracks and edited them, deleting all the ones I felt wasn’t good enough to be incorporated into my radio. This is a print screen of the original version after editing it.

2) After, I put  all my tracks together and edited them, I listened to them together and noticed that the voices where quite low. I decided to  normalize it as shown in the print screen to 100.  I did this by first highlighting the track I wanted to normalize, went into the effects button and then amplitude then finally normalize. This projected the voice and made it much easier to hear and understand.


3) After normalizing all my tracks, I decided to add a jingle to my advert as suggested by my audience. First I downloaded the instrumental version of it using mp3 converter and then using multi track view I imported my jingle or instrumental song. I cut out the 1st 43 seconds of the song, using edit view as the instrumental was too long (4 minutes) and used the parts of the songs I needed.  
I am really happy with the end with results. I will be putting together a questionnaire to see how many of my target audience like this new radio advert.
The results from my questionnaire which consisted of the question "Do you like the radio advert?". The results showed a great improvement from the previous questionnaire I did for my first attempt at the radio advert. A shocking 70% said yes they did like it and the rest of the 30% said they liked it a little, in contrast to the results I achieved for my first radio advert which was 89% of the audience didn't like it and 11% of the audience liked it. the reason why 30% of my audience said they liked it a little was because they wanted the actual song instead of the instrumental. I am really happy with the results as I know it appeals to the majority of my target audience. Although I am quite upset that the rest of the 30% wished I used the actual song instead of the instrumental, I feel it was good that I didn't use the actual song because I do have people in my target audience who are partially death, and I feel having the actual song will interfere with them hearing the actual information being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment