Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 March 2011

Recording My Radio Advert

This week I have been recording my radio advert. As there is no visual element in the Radio advert I feel the more bold, out spoken, friendly and persuasive the voice is the more appealing it is to my target.
 First we did a run through which we worked on our voices. We did a few vocal exercises to ensure our voices sounded exciting, friendly and down to earth so it appealed to the audience immediately. As the script follows the 3 stages, problem, answer and solution, I wanted the emotion in their voice to correspond well with the script, so for example in my script when my actor says "Blimey, all that for 30p" I would have her add some form of intonation to the word "blimey" to ensure that it makes it more believable and persuasive to the audience.

After our vocal exercises we went to record. We used a microphone, adobe audition and a computer. We recorded our lines one at a time. After recording, we listened to it over to figure out whether or not it was effective. We noticed that there was some hissing noise in the background which was due to the recording room we were in. This took away from the persuasive element of the radio, as it wasn't clear for the audience to hear thus meaning they would miss out on valuable information, such as where to purchase it from, how much it is, how often

No comments:

Post a Comment