Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 March 2011

Deciding second ancilary

Before deciding what my second ancillary task would be, I decided to do a questionnaire, asking my 40 people who fall into my target audience about which media technology they had  easier access to and which one they used the most. This formed the basis of me deciding which ancillary task would effectively advertise my newspaper to my audience thus persuading to purchase and read it. The results are as follows.











From the results of this questionnaire, I decided to make a radio advert because, I noticed that most people used the radio more than the Internet mainly because they found it more entertaining and had an easier access to it. From my questionnaire I found out that 33 people had access to the Internet however not all of them had access to it at home and only 18 of them used the Internet every day. This made me think as to whether or not it was logical to do a web page because not many of my target audience were not Internet experts and only 1 of them found it easier to use the Internet.  I felt making a web page will not advertise my newspaper successfully because my target audience are not too fond of it. From the results of my questionnaire I decided to do Radio advert because all 40 people that took part in this questionnaire had access to the radio and said they would listen to their local radio station. I feel advertising my newspaper via a radio commercial is ideal because I would be able to reach out to the majority of my target audience who all have access to the radio and listen to it in the morning the same time my advert will be aired.  I am really happy I did this questionnaire because it enabled me to know which media technology is more accessible to my target audience thus making me aware of which form of advertising is suitable in persuading my audience to purchase the newspaper. Although Croydon does not have a local radio station, I will be airing this advertisement on a local radio station because my target audience covers a range of different identities  from their race to their gender and their  age, which means it would be difficult to reach to all of them if I decide to publish the advert on a national radio station because not all of them will listen to that particular radio station , so by asking them whether or not they would listen to their local radio station enabled me to know what station to air my advert., I’ve decided to air my advert on a local radio station because 34 people that took part in the questionnaire said they would listen to their local radio station.

No comments:

Post a Comment