Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Research on Writing my Script

 From my analysis of other newspaper adverts, I am aware of a few DO's and DONT's that I  personally will not be incorporating into my own advert due to the un useful effects I feel it has on the listeners. For example, I will not make the jingle in the background over take the dialogue being said, as the dialogue gives the listeners important information and bearing in mind that it is a radio advert meaning the audience will not be able to re-read what has been said, it is important the jingle doesn't dominate the information been given out. This week I have been researching on how to effectively write a radio advert and the components needed to make an informative, entertaining and persuading newspaper advert. Using the Internet as a source to help conduct my research I began by visiting different sites such as ehow to find out all the necessary codes needed to make a successful newspaper script. These are a few websites I visited.
http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4983712_write-radio-script.html

Below are a few of the key information I made in note form

  • Remember you are writing for listeners not viewers (so it must be concise and coherent)
  • There must be a Dilemma/ plot  (so in this case not knowing about the newspaper)  followed by the pain (Wanting to know what it features) and the the solution (Where it can be purchased)
  • Write the script based on your narrative ( so I will have a dialogue between two friends)
  • The audience have nothing to look at so it must be engaging from the beginning. ( I will consider using colloquial words to add a conversational, unplanned and friendly feel/ attitude to the advert to make the audience feel more involved thus making them attentive.)
  • Have characters act out what is going on. (I would definitely consider doing this to help make the characters emotions more authentic)
  • Consider having sound, to illustrate the story. ( I will have a jingle which will help my listeners associate the jingle with my newspaper each time they hear it.)
  • Ensure my actors/ characters voices are very distinctive and different to help create meaning within the listeners.
  • One advise I will definitely be taking on board is to commence my advert with a question this has a strong effect on the audience and engages them.
  • It shouldn't be too long (30 seconds) to help keep the audience entertained and not bored
  • Short sentences to help the readers understand what is being said easily
With the information above I think I am ready to begin writing my script.

No comments:

Post a Comment