Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 January 2011

Researching Articles

As my lead story will be the first article that my audience will see, as it is on the front page. I engaged in a lot of research before writing it because I wanted the reader to be interested in it and so will lure them into reading the rest of the pages in the paper. I decided to write about gang wars in areas  because the audience will be familiar with the area because they either live there or know about the area  thus making them want to read the newspaper to find out more about what is happening in the area. This was part if the reason why I cropped the "Beulah hill" picture so I can zoom into the street name and highlight the importance of the article. I read many articles about gang wars or even death, and analyse the different journalistic writings used to portray this in an imaginative way for the audience. I noticed adjectives were used a lot so readers can picture the incident, speeches from other people present when the incident occurred or professional people such as police, mayors, doctors where written and also detailed information such as where, when, who and how were answered. I read articles from both soft (Internet) and hard (newspapers) copies from national and  local newspapers to gain more information. This task enriched my analytical skills.

Below are some of the websites I went on, to analyse the way in which the articles were written.

MY MAJOR HEADLINE
 http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/localnews/4318641.Girl_admits_telling_Shakilus_murder_accused_of_cheating_girlfriend/
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2401634.ece
ihttp://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/4441627.Don_t_Say_Nothing_gang_in_disarray_after_top_names_jailed/
After reading these articles  I noticed adjectives were used a lot so readers can picture the incident, speeches from other people present when the incident occurred where written and also detailed information such as where, when , who and how  were mentioned. I read articles from both national and local newspapers because I wanted to  gain more information on how to engage my audience through my article and to have the ability to lure the audience to read the article in every line.

No comments:

Post a Comment