Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 January 2011

pictures

This is the original picture I wanted to use to go along with my other picture (Beulah Hill) for my major headline. I felt this picture corresponded well with my article and headline, because my article is about gang wars and my model is holding up a gang sign and is wearing the typical clothes that the media stereotypes teenage boys to wear. So I felt the whole mise en scene of this picture was very effective. The background of the image was quite similar to the “Beulah hill” image, this was one of the dilemma’s I faced in choosing what picture was suitable for my major headline. With this in mind, I decided to open the picture in Photoshop, and then using the lasso tool draw around my model in order for him to be extracted from the background. This meant that it will stand out when I place it on top of the “Beulah hill” picture.
















This is a print screen of how it looked after I extracted it from the background; I was quite pleased with the results. I then placed it into indesign, to see how it looked on top of the Beulah hill picture. After trying this I noticed that it wasn’t effective and didn’t look professional, as it looked as though it was placed there by mistake and so with this dilemma I decided to change the picture. However I would like to use this picture for my ancillary project.















I substituted the previous picture for this one due to the difficulties I experienced with it. This picture is similar to the previous one in terms of the way the connotations it conjures up links well with my article. I really liked this picture and was confident that I will not have any problems with it.
I decided to crop the picture in photoshop using the crop tool because I wanted the main focus to be on my model and the way he is posed. To emphasise the link it had with my headline and article. I also felt this looked more professional and grabbed the reader’s attention especially with the strong eye contact my model holds with the readers. This effectively lures the reader into reading the newspaper.
This is how it looks on top of the “Beulah hill” picture.


This is a print screen of the picture I used to with a headline I incorporated in my teaser.  I liked this picture due to the bright colour present in it, due to the costume worn by my models. The pink and blue was the colour theme that ran through my newspaper so I was really happy with this. I decided to crop the picture using the crop tool because I wanted the main focus to be on the face of my models and the awards they held, which was what my headline was about.


I decided to extract my models from the background using the lasso tool because I felt it looked better on a plain white background and stood out more. Along with this, I felt the brown background added an extra colour to my newspaper and I wanted to have a colour scheme run through my newspaper. As you can see, I also feathered it to make the edges les sharp. I am really happy with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment