Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Week 14- Working on the transformation of my images

When doing my research I noticed that, the first page of newspapers are always bright and bold thus grabbing the audience attention . Below is the original picture I decided to use for my article.  I decided to use this because, I felt it went well with my article and correlated well with my headline.
















Because, I will be using this as the image for my front page, I felt it must attract the audience attention. My picture on the other hand didn’t because it was quite dark. So I decided to edit it in Photoshop using level to brighten the picture so it can appear bright and bold thus attracting my audience.
Below are how I edited my picture.
I began by cropping it, using the crop tool, although this cut out most of the mise en scene, I felt that zooming into the street name was relevant as it linked with my article and more importantly the pun I used in my headline, thus attracting the audience.

     












Then going on the Image tab, I clicked on Image adjustments and then on the level









I then played with the levels from there. This is an example of the changes I made.













After experimenting with the levels I decided to use this one. As I felt it looked bright in contrast to the original one and attracted and captured the audience attention.








No comments:

Post a Comment