Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 January 2011

The creation of my Ancilary (poster)


This is my first try on the ancillary project. As you can see I followed generic conventions by having my logo/ nameplate on the poster to help the audience identify what newspaper it advertises. Along with this I used big bold easy to read font’s which are easy to read thus grabbing the audience attention. I decided to use the headline for my second article on my poster instead of the headline on my first page, because I felt thee headline was more engaging and eye catching due to the use of alliteration. I was pleased with this as this was my first go at it, however, I noticed that it didn’t have any information of when or where it will be sold. The layout was quite simplistic, although this was the normal conventions of newspaper posters; I felt I wanted to challenge it. So I will be doing more research and will be playing around with the software In design and Photoshop to see what I can come up with.


I had another go with my ancillary project, because I wasn’t pleased with the results of my first attempt as my final poster.  This time, I decided to play around with the layout of the poster itself. Through this, I decided to place my nameplate at the top rather than the bottom of the page because I felt my headline was not that strong on it’s own to grab the audience attention, and I felt by having the nameplate at the top it would attract the audience immediately as they would identify that this is their new local newspaper.  Secondly it is the first thing the readers will see and this is what I want because the newspaper is new and my main aim is to advertise the release of the newspaper.



This is my third attempt of my poster. I am really pleased with this as it challenges the generic conventions of normal newspaper posters. Throughout my research I noticed that pictures are not incorporated in the poster, this shows that the editor of the poster is confident that the nameplate and the headline will lure the readers to read the newspaper. I on the other hand wasn’t as confident because my newspaper is not recognized by many people as it is new. So I felt as my first poster it had to be different and stand out from other posters thus drawing the audience attention to it. The picture I used correlated with the headline and was different to the picture I used on my front page thus making it more diverse. I had a consistent colour scheme all through out to tie the front page, inside page together. I   used different font sizes because I felt not only did it fit with my layout and fill up the empty spaces but it draws the audience attention to it immediately. The image I used corresponded with my headline and was very effective. Looking at my second attempt of the poster, you can see that I adjusted the placement of my font, because I felt it did not work effectively with where I placed my picture. So, using the character formatting control I changed the font size to make it bigger and vertical scale, to scale the length I wanted the fonts helped fill up the gap and make it easier for my audience to see it from far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment